Monday, February 27, 2006

The start

I reached the station by 9:20 PM and did not see either Vishal or Sharada or the kids. So I went out to buy a pen and some toileteries. When I came back I found Vishal , Sharada, the kids along with George uncle. I exchanged pleasantries with everybody and I asked them to wait there so that I could go have my dinner. I had some food at the Railway restaurant ( comesum ? ) and came back to pick up the kids.
The train to Shimoga was to start at 10:30 PM. The kids, Sharada and I started going into the station at around 9:55 PM. As soon as we entered the platform, we saw a train with a Shimoga nameplate pulling out of station . Some of the kids thought that was our train and started running towards to train. Sharada had to follow suit and I too ran behind them.
A gentleman then told us that the train is just leaving the station to the maintenance shed and will be back at 10:30 . Finally we were relieved and we started checking our tickets. We found that we had another headache. Shimoga return tickets for some of us were missing. I called Vishal who promised to search for the tickets the next day morning and courier them or else we will have to get new tickets at Shimoga.

The ( correct one ) train pulled into the paltform a little while later. We got into our compartment and finally settled down into the train. We all settled into our seats and went sleep in less than half hour of departure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home